Thursday, June 7, 2012

Vegetated & Vegetarian

We're here!  We are officially residents of Berkeley, CA!  Today officially marks one week since we piled all of our belongings in a U Haul and made the trek up to Nor Cal.  So far, so good!

Scott and I absolutely love our apartment.  It's charming, cozy, and newly renovated with laminate flooring...something I've always wanted! (HGTV nerd).  AND it is QUIET!  In El Segundo, we lived off of a busy street and right next to LAX.  Due to the warm weather and no AC in unit, we had no choice but to keep our windows open...needless to say, it was VERY loud.  We are happy to report that our new place is off the street, and no airports are nearby, yay!  Finally, peace and quiet.  We have a couple more boxes to unpack, but once we are fully moved in I will post photos of our place.

Berkeley is so charming!  Our friends Dina and Justine who live in Sacramento gave us a grand tour of Berkeley last Sunday as they were former residents of this cute little city and know the ins and outs.  We grabbed a delicious lunch at Cesar located in the Gourmet Ghetto.  The Gourmet Ghetto is a stretch of blocks filled with fine eateries and cafes, AKA foodie paradise.  Scott and I will be having some fun there.  After lunch we drove to cool areas of Berkeley where Scott and I will definitely be exploring in the near future.

Berkeley reminds me of two things, vegetation and vegetarian food, hence the name of this blog post.  When I walk Sophie I'm astounded by the amount of overgrown plants, trees, flowers, hedges...it's beautiful!  Pictures to comes!  Berkeley is also VERY vegetarian/vegan friendly.  I've counted a plethora of restaurants that are strictly vegan/vegetarian which is great for me and my new lifestyle. The best thing about Berkeley?  We can walk everywhere!  I think I've driven twice in the week that we've lived here...1) Ikea 2) RedBox.

Our TV will be installed over the weekend, just in time for the True Blood season premiere...I cannot believe we have lived without our beloved television for this long.  Oh the horror :)

Until next time..


View of Golden Gate
View of Golden Gate Bridge from above UC Berkeley campus


3 comments:

  1. Pretty View..and your happiness is palpable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love veggie friendly cities and I love that you are a veggie now! Its the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Shling! I should have gone veggie a long time ago!

    ReplyDelete