Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top 5 Countries/Cities I MUST Visit

I have been DYING to travel.  I am so eager to see the world, experience different cultures, and eat foods from all over.  Below is a list of my top five places in the world that I would like to visit.  The only question is, when are we going to win the lottery so we can take the time off work and visit all these places? :)

1.  Spain

Gorgeous.  I'd like to visit Barcelona and Madrid...and if there's time I'd like to zip over to Portugal to visit the land of my ancestors!  I've been to Mexico a million times, but I'm looking forward to experiencing Spanish culture.  Plus, I've heard it can be a rather inexpensive trip.  Love that!

2. Italy

The Amalfi Coast, Venice, Rome, Florence.  You name the city, I want to go there.  I think we would have to plan AT LEAST two weeks just to cover all of Italy that I want to see...and eat.  Eat Pray Love status.

3. Greece
I took a class in college on ancient Greece architecture and artifacts.  I despised that class because your entire grade for the semester was based off 3 exams, which means you have to nail EVERY exam...and they were soooo hard!  Before every exam, I had to study at least 75 difference architectures, ruins, statues, pottery pieces, and paintings..memorize their names, what year they were created, the name of the era that they were created in, WHO created it, etc, etc, etc.  I hated this class.  It was only an elective and was probably the most difficult class I have ever taken.  Needless to say because of this class, I have learned a crapload about ancient architecture which leads me to my love for Greece and the history this place holds.  I want to visit the Acropolis, the Parthenon, and the Greek Islands.  I want to look at a ruin pillar and say "look!  those pillars are of the 'doric' order!"  And "Oh WOW that statue is standing in the contrapposto pose!" 

4.  Amsterdam
Despite what you may think, I don't want to go to Amsterdam for the hash milkshakes!  (But, when in Rome, right?).  Look how much charm this city has!  It's beautiful!  I would like to rent bikes and travel through the city on two wheels, visit the Anne Frank house, tour the Heineken factory, and take a stroll through the Red Light District! 

5. Paris

The City of Love.  Scott has been to Paris and has been dying to take me.  If I could only go to one city in the world, it would be Paris.  All I want to do is sit outside of a Parisian cafe and dine on moules frites, sip on champagne, and people watch with my love.  Perfection.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Emily what an exciting adventure you have laid out. Why don't you and Scott apply for jobs on cruise ships. Food and Beverage with you as hostess or ship's activity director.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oof...living on a cruise ship would be tough!

    ReplyDelete