Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

Scott was sneaky and called me Monday night from work asking if we were doing anything for each other on Valentine's Day.  I said that we didn't have to, and he agreed.  HOWEVER, on Tuesday morning when I woke up, I found roses, a sweet Valentine's card, and a coffee mug adorned with hearts waiting for me on the credenza.  Swoon!  He always tries to trick me by saying he won't make a certain holiday a big deal, but then he does.  I should know his antics by now...


Scott had to work so we weren't able to celebrate Valentine's night together, so we celebrated the day after.  We drank wine and made homemade pizza, which gave me a chance to break in my new pizza stone Scott gave me for Christmas!


Chopping the burrata.

 Scott staged a photo to highlight the cork.  He said it's one of the best corks he has seen...and he knows his wine.

My attempt at throwing the dough up like you see in pizzerias.


Don't mess with me or you get the rolling pin ;)

 Voila! Burrata, prosciutto, and arugula pizza.  Our first attempt at pizza was a success!


Bon appetit!

1 comment:

  1. so cute! we had pizza too, but ordered it in, since i made a german chocolate cake from scratch that took up my whole afternoon :) happy late v-day to you!

    ReplyDelete