Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Chicken Curry & Cupcakes

I had President's Day off this past Monday, but unfortunately Scott did not.  He didn't have to go into work until later in the afternoon, so we were able to grab some lunch and spend a little time together.  We went to Tin Roof Bistro in Manhattan Beach.  I was so excited to try this place as I have been driving past it for over a year and have always wanted to try it.  We arrived and it was packed!  We waiting for about 20 minutes before we were seated, but it was well worth the wait.  The place had a modern-rustic feel, with the servers dressed in flannel shirts and jeans.  There was a cute outdoor area with a bocce bail court too!  We sat outside and I had the chicken curry sandwich, and Scott had the burger.  Both were phenomenal!






After lunch, we walked next door to SusieCakes for dessert.  Ohhh my beloved SusieCakes.  How do I love thee.  I got my usual red velvet cupcake, and Scott has an obsession with bananas so he tried the banana pudding which was delicious!  The nilla wafers were a nice touch too!





No comments:

Post a Comment