Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

 Well, it only comes once a year. We decorate a dead tree in our houses, hang up stockings, play strange festive music about figgy pudding, and spend tons of money on our loved ones.   At Such a curious holiday, but it's one of my favorites. It's the day after Christmas, and our tree looks absolutely treacherous.  It's dead, brown, and won't take anymore water. We got it a few days after Thanksgiving..serves us right for starting the Christmas season a little too prematurely. Here are the videos documenting our Christmas tree adventures. 




When Scott and I started dating, I decided that every year I am going to collect a new ornament that represents something that occurred during the present year.  Last year I got a beautiful sparkly shell ornament, which represented our move from Tucson to the South Bay area of Los Angeles.  This year, I got a cable car ornament that I bought in San Francisco which represents our engagement in the city by the bay.

2010 & 2011 Ornaments


Christmas day was fantastic. We slept in, opened presents, and made a delicious andouille and veggie frittata paired with mimosas. Scott and I each got each other iPod docking stations/alarm clocks for our respective side of the beds. Thank god because my old alarm clock was from 1995...not so cute nor functional. I also got Scott some clothes along with a hands free bluetooth car kit, since California has a wonderful law prohibiting cell phone chat whilst driving (I've already been dinged with a lovely fine for not following this law). Scott gave me some fabulous gifts, including a car stereo! Now I can listen to my iPod in the car! Yay!

Sophie, our lovely dog/daughter, benefited most from Christmas. She received enough toys/treats to last her a year. Spoiled? Yes.

Opening her present from Uncle Charles & Aunt Sue

So happy!

Mr. Monkey given by Grandma Marvis


Unfortunately Scott had to go into work around 6pm, boo....but at least we had the day together, I am thankful for that. :) Hope y'all had a wonderful Christmas.

Cheers!


These are the awesome stemless wine glasses Scott gave me for Christmas


Peace & love,

No comments:

Post a Comment