Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I hear the (faint) ring of wedding bells..

We've been engaged for a year and so many people give me a strange look when I tell them we have no wedding plans yet. Is it that strange? To answer everyone's puzzled looks, the reason we are waiting is simply because we are not in a financial position to throw a huge party anytime soon. We are building our savings and once it's at a point where we feel we can take a chunk of dough out and still have a nice comfortable cushion, then we'll start planning!  However, it may be another year before we can go forward with this.

With that said, we are keeping the wedding a low budget affair with most of the details being DIY. This means getting creative and it requires a ton of help from friends and family. It makes the wedding more personal, and really gets the community (our guests) involved with creating and planning this party.

Being on a low budget is exciting, it's like trying to solve a problem with limited resources, kind of like a tough project you get in school. Welp, I'm ready for the challenge!  I wouldn't have said that a few months ago as I was certain Scott and I would end up eloping...that idea changed when we both realized we really want our friends and family to be there to share our special day with us.

I've been obsessively following budget wedding and DIY blogs to gather ideas.  I'm going for a vintage, rustic-themed wedding...and I want quirky too!  I have been very clear that I do not want the average wedding.  I'm thinking picnic blankets with snacks for our guests during the ceremony...old coke bottles and vintage tea tins will be the vases to hold flowers on tables...perhaps we will set up a bocce ball court for guests? 

Go to my Pinterest and check out my "DIY Budget Wedding" board for my inspiration and let me know what you think!

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment