Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I feel better after I wine a little

It's nice being engaged to a guy in the food and beverage industry because your wine fridge always looks like this:


Mmmmm...the world is my wine oyster.  Check out the big guy on the bottom.


To give you some perspective, I've placed a normal sized bottle next to it:


Right?  Big Bertha Bianchi has been chillin' in the fridge for six months already.  We'll have to throw a huge soiree in order to kill that bad boy.  The bottle next to it is a 2007 Clos LaChance Zinfandel and super tasty.  (excuse my crappy photos....I'm pinching pennies to get my fab Canon DSLR).

Speaking of Bianchi, check out some photos that I took of the winery when we visited Paso Robles back in August.





So purdy.  Purdy enough for a wedding, right?  Just one problem, it's slightly out of our budget.  Damn. We know the winery owner, winemaker, and wine rep so they treat us well and gift us with bottles whenever they get the chance.  I highly recommend the Petite Syrah....the wine rep calls it "orgasmic"....and I concur. 

Wine is something that I have developed a palate towards.  When I met Scott, I'd be happy with a bottle of $4.99 Yellow Tail, now I wouldn't touch that stuff if you paid me (well, maybe if you paid me.  We'll talk numbers later).  Everyone has their favorites.  My go-to wines are Pinot Noir and Zinfandel (red, not that rose stuff...bleh).  Scott loves Syrah and Zinfandel.  I have yet to meet someone that absolutely adores Merlot.  Remember that scene in Sideways?

To refresh your memory (kids, earmuff please):

 

Did you know that this movie severely affected Merlot sales?  It's true!  Read about it here:  Hell No, Merlot: 'Sideways' Alters Wine Market

I enjoy a good Merlot.  The Bianchi Merlot was the first Merlot that I actually liked and made me get out of the "but Sideways told me to not like Merlot" mindset.  I swear this is not a sales pitch for Bianchi, although it may sound like it.  Check out their winery here, Bianchi Wine

Did I really just write an entire post on wine?  I guess I really like the stuff.  


I want this for my kitchen:

allposters.com


No comments:

Post a Comment