Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Fishbar

Fishbar: My new favorite restaurant.  It's a fantastic new seafood restaurant located in Manhattan Beach.  I've already been twice, and I'm hungry for more.  From the cocktails, to the entrees, to the dessert everything is absolutely delicious.  Scott and I have been on the hunt for the perfect dirty martini.  In our humble opinion, Kingfisher (Tucson, AZ) always had the best dirty's, and no one has ever topped that...except, Fishbar.  Perfection.  The wine selection was also great.  I settled for a Sonoma Pinot for just $7 a glass.

On to the food.  You could probably order anything on the menu and not be disappointed.  The first time we came here, I got salmon and Scott and Steve both got the lobster.  BEST salmon I have ever had.  It was seasoned in a blackened seasoning mix, and cooked just to that flakey perfection.






Goofball.

The second time around, we brought our friend Tom.  We started with a 1/2 dozen oysters, but we ate them all before I could snap a photo.


 I got the salmon...again.  I just had to.  I was craving it!


Scott got the linguini with clams and mussels...can't go wrong with this one.


Those are brussel sprouts!  Caramelized and nestled in a balsamic reduction with a capers and bacon.  OMG this was the money dish.  It was one of the specials this night, but I hope they add it to the menu permanently.



Tom ordered the lobster mac & cheese.  I'm kind of a mac & cheese connoisseur, and this dish was divine.  I like that they used penne instead of the typical elbow macaroni.  And the cheese sauce was creamy and just cheesy enough.

Pure, seafood perfection.  Aaaand, I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. We also LOVE the Fishbar...nice to read your comments. We often go on Wednesdays so my husband can have his oyster fix! We always have a dirty martini...and I love Jessica Jordan's specials. I hope she brings back the roasted salmon on mashed potatoes and corn puree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally crave Fishbar! It's become an obsession. The specials are fantastic. Thanks for the comment! :)

    ReplyDelete